This is a summary and analysis of the preview on version 5.0 of the SAFe framework that was launched at the SAFe Summit in San Diego. In this part of the series, we will dive into the new elements of this version that wasn’t described in part 1. Blogpost by Carl Starendal.
SAFe® 4.6 Release Train Engineer (RTE) with Carl Starendal - Copenhagen. Provided by The MovementGain an in-depth understanding of the role and responsibilities of a Release Train Engineer (RTE) in context of an enterprise using SAFe Click here to buy seat
You will explore the skills needed to facilitate and enable end-to-end value delivery through Agile Release Trains (ARTs) and learn how to build a high-performing ART through servant leadership and coaching by becoming a SAFe® 4 Release Train Engineer (RTE). During this three-day workshop, you will gain an in-depth understanding of the role and responsibilities of an effective RTE in an enterprise using SAFe to deliver value.Through experiential learning, attendees will examine the RTE role in delivering end-to-end value at enterprise scale.
You will learn:
- how to facilitate the ART planning and execution
- facilitate as well as coaching leaders, teams, and Scrum Masters to be an effective member of an ART
- how to prepare, plan and execute the critical Program Increment (PI) planning event, the primary enabler of alignment and value delivery throughout all levels of an organization using SAFe
- Apply Lean-Agile knowledge and tools to execute and release value
- Assist with program and large solution execution
- Foster relentless improvement
- Build a high-performing ART by becoming a servant leader and coach
- Develop an action plan to continue the learning journey
Who should attend?
- RTEs and Solution Train Engineers (STEs)
- Program and project managers
- Scrum Masters
- Leaders and managers
- Agile coaches
- SAFe Program Consultants (SPCs)
Prerequisites for those who intend to take the SAFe® Release Train Engineer (RTE) certification exam:
- Hold at least one current SAFe certification
- Have launched or participated in at least one ART and one PI
- Date: Wednesday, May 6, 2020 - Friday, May 8, 2020 2020
- Time: 08:30 - 17:30
- Price: 19500DKK – 21500DKK
- If you register for a class be aware that VAT will be added to the price above. EU delegates may recover the VAT depending on their circumstances.
- If you sign up for a course in Sweden, be aware that BestBrains Academy will transfer your registration to our Swedish partner The Movement. The
Movementlwill process your registration and be responsible for any communication with the customer, including invoicing.
- Early bird is available until 30 days before a class
INFORMATION ABOUT CERTIFICATIONS
SAFe® Release Train Engineer Certificate
Attendees who pass the certification exam will receive:
- SAFe Release Train Engineer certificate
- A SAFe 4 Release Train Engineer digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe Release Train Engineer, which includes access to the RTE Community of Practice
- A SAFe Release Train Engineer certification usage guide with RTE certification marks
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey
- SPCs who are certified RTEs can apply and qualify to teach the RTE class and certify RTEs
Certificates expire one year from the date the certification is earned.
- Renewal fee is $295
- Renewal fee for the RTE certification is included in SPC renewal (if your SPC certification is up-to-date)
Carl Starendal is a SAFe Program Consultant Trainer and a contributor to the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe). He is an experienced Lean-Agile leader, having served as a Lean-Agile coach at one of the world’s largest retailers and also been a key part of several multinational Lean-Agile transformations across a diverse range of industries spanning both software, hardware products as well as services. He frequently speaks about leadership and Lean-Agile transformations, and is a highly regarded trainer and facilitator having trained 1000+ leaders and managers over the years. Carl is also the original creator of the SAFe RTE certification course.
The class was by far the most productive training I have ever been to. Literally, everything was directly related to my work and I have so much to bring back to the teams and organization. Fantastic topic, co-students and facilitation. Thank you Carl for a brilliant mix of teaching and coaching.
Thank you for being such wonderful hosts – absolutely fantastic environment (+ delicious food) to support the learnings.- Sending my husband to the course asap!
If you are interested in this course, we suggest you to look into these articles as well:
This is a summary and analysis of the preview on version 5.0 of the SAFe framework that was launched at the SAFe Summit in San Diego. Blogpost by Carl Starendal.
In this blog post Bo Vincent Thomsen, who is teaching SAFe for Architects at BestBrains Academy, give his interpretation of the role as an Enterprise Architect in the Scaled Agile Framework®. This read is for you who would like to improve collaboration and alignment in a SAFe® Lean-Agile enterprise.