Summary of the We Are Movement and BestBrains Academy webinar with SAFe SPCT Carl Starendal and Dr Steve Mayner about Lean-Agile Leadership and the SAFe Leadership Development Program
- This event has passed.
The discipline of software engineering has evolved over the past decades with the introduction of Lean-Agile and DevOps principles and practices. New skills and approaches help organizations deliver software-centric solutions faster, more predictably, and with higher quality. During this three-day, workshop-oriented course, attendees learn the foundational principles and practices that make up the Agile Software Engineering discipline.
Attendees will learn how continuous flow of value delivery and building quality in are enabled by modern practices including XP technical practices, Behavioral-Driven Development (BDD), and Test-Driven Development (TDD). Attendees will learn proven practices to detail, model, design, implement, verify, and validate stories in a SAFe Continuous Delivery Pipeline. They will know the practices that build quality into code (abstraction, encapsulation, intentional programming) and designs (SOLID, Design patterns). Attendees will also understand how Software Engineering fits into the larger solution context and their role in collaborating on intentional architecture and DevOps.
- Introduction to Agile Software Engineering
- Connecting Principles, and Practices to Built-In Quality
- Accelerating Flow
- Applying Intentional Architecture
- Thinking Test-First
- Discovering Story Details
- Creating a Shared Understanding with Behavior-Driven Development (BDD)
- Communicating with Models
- Building Systems with Code Quality
- Building Systems with Design Quality
- Implementing with Quality
To perform the role of a SAFe® 5 Agile Software Engineer attendees should be able to:
- Define Agile Software Engineering and the underlying values, principles, and practices
- Apply the Test-First principle to create alignment between tests and requirements
- Create shared understanding with Behavior-Driven Development (BDD)
- Communicate with Agile modeling
- Design from context for testability
- Build applications with code and design quality
- Utilize the test infrastructure for automated testing
- Collaborate on intentional architecture and emergent design
- Apply Lean-Agile Principles to optimize the flow of value
- Create an Agile Software Engineering plan
ANY QUESTIONS? JUST ASK
WHO WILL BENEFIT?
This course targets the technical members of an Agile Team – developers and testers. Product Owners, Scrum Master, Managers, and others with a less technical background would also be very beneficial as they would gain an understanding of the development process so that team collaboration will become more effective.
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, meeting the following prerequisites will make the training more productive.
- Understanding of SAFe for Teams
- Background in engineering, development, managing development, or quality assurance
- Date: Wednesday, March 16 - Friday, March 18 2022
- Time: 09:00 - 17:00
- Price: DKK14.500,00 – DKK16.000,00
- If you register for a class be aware that VAT will be added to the price above. EU delegates may recover the VAT depending on their circumstances.
- For potential attendees outside Denmark; Please reach out if you have any questions regarding the additional VAT costs at check out. Email: email@example.com
INFORMATION ABOUT CERTIFICATIONS
These skills and knowledge are highly recommended to successfully pass the exam:
- Understanding of SAFe for Teams
- Background in engineering, development, managing development, or quality assurance.
Certifications expire one year from the date the certification is earned.
- Renewal fee is $100
Jesper Thaning has been helping organizations adopting Lean and Agile methods for the last 15 years.
The experience covers the whole journey from idea to running code through conceptualization, prioritization, refinement, development, test, continuous integration and deployment. Jesper has trained and coached a large number of teams and organizations on how to apply Lean and Agile principles and methodologies like SAFe® to their specific situation. He has recent years focused a lot on the collaboration between business and IT-development – helping organizations to benefit from Lean and Agile methods through effective product ownership.
Thank you for being such wonderful hosts – absolutely fantastic environment (+ delicious food) to support the learnings.- Sending my husband to the course asap!
If you are interested in this course, we suggest you to look into these articles as well:
How to use Cumulative Flow Diagrams and Monte Carlo simulations to manage feature flow and forecast delivery. Watch free webinar with Carl Starendal about Probabilistic Forecasting.
Agile kontrakter giver kunde og leverandør et økonomisk incitament til at samarbejde og nå effektivt i mål, og de stiller en række krav til begge parter.