Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) has made its victory around the world. SAFe provides a well-defined set of values, principles and practices which can be adopted enterprise-wide to better address scaling agile in big enterprises. Get your introduction to SAFe with this blogpost.
The discipline of software engineering has evolved over the past decades with the introduction of Lean-Agile and DevOps principles and practices. New skills and approaches help organizations deliver software-centric solutions faster, more predictably, and with higher quality. During this three-day, workshop-oriented course, attendees learn the foundational principles and practices that make up the Agile Software Engineering discipline.
Attendees will learn how continuous flow of value delivery and building quality in are enabled by modern practices including XP technical practices, Behavioral-Driven Development (BDD), and Test-Driven Development (TDD). Attendees will learn proven practices to detail, model, design, implement, verify, and validate stories in a SAFe Continuous Delivery Pipeline. They will know the practices that build quality into code (abstraction, encapsulation, intentional programming) and designs (SOLID, Design patterns). Attendees will also understand how Software Engineering fits into the larger solution context and their role in collaborating on intentional architecture and DevOps.
- Introduction to Agile Software Engineering
- Connecting Principles, and Practices to Built-In Quality
- Accelerating Flow
- Applying Intentional Architecture
- Thinking Test-First
- Discovering Story Details
- Creating a Shared Understanding with Behavior-Driven Development (BDD)
- Communicating with Models
- Building Systems with Code Quality
- Building Systems with Design Quality
- Implementing with Quality
To perform the role of a SAFe® 4 Agile Software Engineer attendees should be able to:
- Define Agile Software Engineering and the underlying values, principles, and practices
- Apply the Test-First principle to create alignment between tests and requirements
- Create shared understanding with Behavior-Driven Development (BDD)
- Communicate with Agile modeling
- Design from context for testability
- Build applications with code and design quality
- Utilize the test infrastructure for automated testing
- Collaborate on intentional architecture and emergent design
- Apply Lean-Agile Principles to optimize the flow of value
- Create an Agile Software Engineering plan
Who will benefit?
This course targets the technical members of an Agile Team – developers and testers. Product Owners, Scrum Master, Managers, and others with a less technical background would also be very beneficial as they would gain an understanding of the development process so that team collaboration will become more effective.
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, meeting the following prerequisites will make the training more productive.
- Understanding of SAFe for Teams
- Background in engineering, development, managing development, or quality assurance
- Date: Tuesday, April 9 - Thursday, April 11 2019
- Time: 09:00 - 17:00
- Price: 14500DKK – 16000DKK
- If you register for a class in Denmark be aware that VAT will be added to the price above. EU delegates may recover the VAT depending on their circumstances. However, when you purchase a course in Sweden, VAT will not be added to the ticket price in accordance with EU VAT rules
- Early bird is available until 30 days before a class
- If you want to sign up 3 or more persons at the same time, or if you want to be charged by invoice: email@example.com
INFORMATION ABOUT CERTIFICATIONS
Becoming a SAFe 4 Certified DevOps Practitioner requires an exceptional range of skills and is a career path for many servant leaders. Certification includes:
- SAFe 4 Certified DevOps Practitioner PDF certificate
- SAFe 4 Certified DevOps Practitioner digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform, which includes access to the SP Community of Practice
- Access to Meetup groups and events that connect you with other SAFe Certified Professionals
- A variety of learning resources to support you during your SAFe journey
Certifications expire one year from the date the certification is earned.
- Renewal fee is $100
Bent Jensen is a pioneer in applying agile methods in Denmark and has been leading agile teams since 2000. For the last 10 years Bent has been coaching and mentoring leaders and organizations to achieve the benefits of lean and agile thinking and methods, with clients in Denmark and internationally. He have assisted a large number and companies with transformation programmes, and supported Enterprises in their transformation to an Agile and Lean approach. Bent has always been focused on the intersect between self-organization and management, between efficient development and innovation and how to push the methods to their limits.
“Bent’s knowledge and experience in Lean and Agile is excellent and he is a kind and patient man who seems to be truly passionate about teaching. It is always a pleasure to learn from Bent, both through courses and another contexts. “Kenneth Lund
“The course provides a highly relevant introduction to SAFe, as a tangible and flexible framework for enterprise organizations seeking to use the principles of Lean and Agile to get more value out of IT developments.”Allan Lundgaard Hamilton
Thank you for being such wonderful hosts – absolutely fantastic environment (+ delicious food) to support the learnings.- Sending my husband to the course asap!Mia Golan
If you are interested in this course, we suggest you to look into these articles as well:
Last week I visited the SAFe Summit in Washington and delivered my presentation about the RTE role in SAFe. In the presentation I called out what I have observed to be 10 critical skills (actually nine..) that every RTE need to build and master.
During October we will at Bestrains Academy be hosting the Don Reinertsen two-day masterclass called “Achieving Product Development Flow” in Stockholm and Copenhagen. The workshop covers the ideas contained in his bestselling book, “The Principles of Product Development Flow”.