This is a summary and analysis of the preview on version 5.0 of the SAFe framework that was launched at the SAFe Summit in San Diego. Blogpost by Carl Starendal.
The discipline of software engineering has evolved over the past decades with the introduction of Lean-Agile and DevOps principles and practices. New skills and approaches help organizations deliver software-centric solutions faster, more predictably, and with higher quality. During this three-day, workshop-oriented course, attendees learn the foundational principles and practices that make up the Agile Software Engineering discipline.
Attendees will learn how continuous flow of value delivery and building quality in are enabled by modern practices including XP technical practices, Behavioral-Driven Development (BDD), and Test-Driven Development (TDD). Attendees will learn proven practices to detail, model, design, implement, verify, and validate stories in a SAFe Continuous Delivery Pipeline. They will know the practices that build quality into code (abstraction, encapsulation, intentional programming) and designs (SOLID, Design patterns). Attendees will also understand how Software Engineering fits into the larger solution context and their role in collaborating on intentional architecture and DevOps.
- Introduction to Agile Software Engineering
- Connecting Principles, and Practices to Built-In Quality
- Accelerating Flow
- Applying Intentional Architecture
- Thinking Test-First
- Discovering Story Details
- Creating a Shared Understanding with Behavior-Driven Development (BDD)
- Communicating with Models
- Building Systems with Code Quality
- Building Systems with Design Quality
- Implementing with Quality
To perform the role of a SAFe® 4 Agile Software Engineer attendees should be able to:
- Define Agile Software Engineering and the underlying values, principles, and practices
- Apply the Test-First principle to create alignment between tests and requirements
- Create shared understanding with Behavior-Driven Development (BDD)
- Communicate with Agile modeling
- Design from context for testability
- Build applications with code and design quality
- Utilize the test infrastructure for automated testing
- Collaborate on intentional architecture and emergent design
- Apply Lean-Agile Principles to optimize the flow of value
- Create an Agile Software Engineering plan
Who will benefit?
This course targets the technical members of an Agile Team – developers and testers. Product Owners, Scrum Master, Managers, and others with a less technical background would also be very beneficial as they would gain an understanding of the development process so that team collaboration will become more effective.
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, meeting the following prerequisites will make the training more productive.
- Understanding of SAFe for Teams
- Background in engineering, development, managing development, or quality assurance
- Date: Monday, December 16 - Wednesday, December 18 2019
- Time: 09:00 - 17:00
- Price: 14500DKK – 16000DKK
- If you register for a class be aware that VAT will be added to the price above. EU delegates may recover the VAT depending on their circumstances.
- If you sign up for a course in Sweden, be aware that BestBrains Academy will transfer your registration to our Swedish partner The Movement. The
Movementlwill process your registration and be responsible for any communication with the customer, including invoicing.
- Early bird is available until 30 days before a class
INFORMATION ABOUT CERTIFICATIONS
These skills and knowledge are highly recommended to successfully pass the exam:
- Understanding of SAFe for Teams
- Background in engineering, development, managing development, or quality assurance.
Certifications expire one year from the date the certification is earned.
- Renewal fee is $100
Kristian Dupont has been developing software using lean and agile methodologies for more than 15 years. He has been consulting as a developer and a teacher/trainer for large companies but has a special love for startups where agility is a matter of life and death for the company and not just an admirable but perhaps slightly utopian goal. Kristian has solid experience with the technical and practical aspects of DevOps, continuous integration and deployment.
Bent Jensen is a pioneer in applying agile methods in Denmark and has been leading agile teams since 2000. For the last 10 years Bent has been coaching and mentoring leaders and organizations to achieve the benefits of lean and agile thinking and methods, with clients in Denmark and internationally. He have assisted a large number and companies with transformation programmes, and supported Enterprises in their transformation to an Agile and Lean approach. Bent has always been focused on the intersect between self-organization and management, between efficient development and innovation and how to push the methods to their limits.
“Bent’s knowledge and experience in Lean and Agile is excellent and he is a kind and patient man who seems to be truly passionate about teaching. It is always a pleasure to learn from Bent, both through courses and another contexts. “
“The course provides a highly relevant introduction to SAFe, as a tangible and flexible framework for enterprise organizations seeking to use the principles of Lean and Agile to get more value out of IT developments.”
Thank you for being such wonderful hosts – absolutely fantastic environment (+ delicious food) to support the learnings.- Sending my husband to the course asap!
If you are interested in this course, we suggest you to look into these articles as well:
In this blog post Bo Vincent Thomsen, who is teaching SAFe for Architects at BestBrains Academy, give his interpretation of the role as an Enterprise Architect in the Scaled Agile Framework®. This read is for you who would like to improve collaboration and alignment in a SAFe® Lean-Agile enterprise.
Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) er det rammeværk, som i de seneste år har vundet den største udbredelse Man behøver ikke længere kigge misundeligt på kollegerne i de små adrætte opstartsvirksomheder. Alle kan anvende agil udvikling, til gavn for både medarbejdere og virksomheder. Få en introduktion til SAFe her.