This is a summary and analysis of the preview on version 5.0 of the SAFe framework that was launched at the SAFe Summit in San Diego. In this part of the series, we will dive into the new elements of this version that wasn’t described in part 1. Blogpost by Carl Starendal.
This two-day course provides a comprehensive overview for understanding the DevOps competencies needed to accelerate time-to-market by improving the flow of value through the Continuous Delivery Pipeline. Attendees will map the current value stream through their delivery pipeline from idea to cash, and identify practices that will eliminate bottlenecks to flow.
The course will build an understanding of the complete flow of value from Continuous Exploration to Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, and Release on Demand. Attendees will explore SAFe’s CALMR (Culture, Automation, Lean, Measure, Recover) approach to DevOps, which helps create a culture of shared responsibility for the full spectrum of Solution delivery. It helps align people, processes, and technology throughout the organization to achieve faster time-to-market.
Attendees will leave with the tools they need to execute an implementation plan for improving their delivery pipeline, and the knowledge they need to support the plan. The course also prepares students for the optional SAFe® 4 DevOps Practitioner (SDP) certification exam.
You will learn to:
- Introducing DevOps
- Mapping your Continuous Delivery Pipeline
- Gaining alignment with Continuous Exploration
- Building quality with Continuous Integration
- Reducing time-to-market with Continuous Deployment
- Delivering Business Value with Release on Demand
- Taking action
- Understand the CALMR approach to DevOps, why it is so important, and be able to explain it to others
- Understand the importance of continuous integration, continuous testing, and be ready to apply it
- Apply the concepts of continuous security
- Map their current delivery pipeline
- Measure the flow of value through the delivery pipeline
- Identify gaps and delays in flow
- Improve the process of exploring customer needs
- Improve the process of developing, building, and integrating continuously
- Improve the process of continuously deploying to staging and production environments
- Improve the release process
- Execute an action plan for their DevOps transformation
Who should attend?
- All members of an Agile Release Train
- Development Managers, Engineering Managers
- Configuration Managers, Release Managers
- Development Leads, Developers, UI/UX Developers
- Infrastructure Architects, System Architects
- Product Managers, Product Owners
- System Administrators, DBAs, InfoSec
- QA Managers, Testers
- Release Train Engineers, Scrum Masters
All are welcome to attend the course without prior knowledge.
- Date: Monday, March 16, 2020 - Tuesday, March 17, 2020 2020
- Time: 09:00 - 17:00
- Price: 9900DKK – 11500DKK
- If you register for a class be aware that VAT will be added to the price above. EU delegates may recover the VAT depending on their circumstances.
- If you sign up for a course in Sweden, be aware that BestBrains Academy will transfer your registration to our Swedish partner The Movement. The
Movementlwill process your registration and be responsible for any communication with the customer, including invoicing.
- Early bird is available until 30 days before a class
INFORMATION ABOUT CERTIFICATIONS
Becoming a SAFe 5 Certified DevOps Practitioner requires an exceptional range of skills and is a career path for many servant leaders. Certification includes:
- SAFe 5 Certified DevOps Practitioner PDF certificate
- SAFe 5 Certified DevOps Practitioner digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform, which includes access to the SP Community of Practice
- Access to Meetup groups and events that connect you with other SAFe Certified Professionals
- A variety of learning resources to support you during your SAFe journey
Certifications expire one year from the date the certification is earned.
- Renewal fee is $100
Jesper Thaning has been helping organizations adopting lean and agile methods for the last 14 years.
The experience covers the whole journey from idea to running code through conceptualization, prioritization, refinement, development, test, continuous integration and deployment. Jesper has trained and coached a large number of teams and organizations on how to apply agile principles to their specific situation. He has recent years focused a lot on the collaboration between business and IT-development – helping organizations to benefit from lean and agile methods through effective product ownership.
´Nice place and Jesper was good at linking things together and making the days interesting. It was a place and training that one wanted to come to.´
‘Jesper is extraordinary skilled, positive and interactive instructor. This first longer training where somebody successfully was holding my attention on the high level with his Way of Working, that was brilliant.’
Thank you for being such wonderful hosts – absolutely fantastic environment (+ delicious food) to support the learnings.- Sending my husband to the course asap!
If you are interested in this course, we suggest you to look into these articles as well:
This is a summary and analysis of the preview on version 5.0 of the SAFe framework that was launched at the SAFe Summit in San Diego. Blogpost by Carl Starendal.
In this blog post Bo Vincent Thomsen, who is teaching SAFe for Architects at BestBrains Academy, give his interpretation of the role as an Enterprise Architect in the Scaled Agile Framework®. This read is for you who would like to improve collaboration and alignment in a SAFe® Lean-Agile enterprise.