If you are currently working with Agile and Lean methods and maybe aren’t getting exactly the results you had hoped for, Don Reinertsen’s book “The Principles of Product Development Flow” will help you understand why, and how to improve results.
This two-day course provides a comprehensive overview for understanding the DevOps competencies needed to accelerate time-to-market by improving the flow of value through the Continuous Delivery Pipeline. Attendees will map the current value stream through their delivery pipeline from idea to cash, and identify practices that will eliminate bottlenecks to flow.
The course will build an understanding of the complete flow of value from Continuous Exploration to Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, and Release on Demand. Attendees will explore SAFe’s CALMR (Culture, Automation, Lean, Measure, Recover) approach to DevOps, which helps create a culture of shared responsibility for the full spectrum of Solution delivery. It helps align people, processes, and technology throughout the organization to achieve faster time-to-market.
Attendees will leave with the tools they need to execute an implementation plan for improving their delivery pipeline, and the knowledge they need to support the plan. The course also prepares students for the optional SAFe® 4 DevOps Practitioner (SDP) certification exam.
You will learn to:
- Introducing DevOps
- Mapping your Continuous Delivery Pipeline
- Gaining alignment with Continuous Exploration
- Building quality with Continuous Integration
- Reducing time-to-market with Continuous Deployment
- Delivering Business Value with Release on Demand
- Taking action
- Understand the CALMR approach to DevOps, why it is so important, and be able to explain it to others
- Understand the importance of continuous integration, continuous testing, and be ready to apply it
- Apply the concepts of continuous security
- Map their current delivery pipeline
- Measure the flow of value through the delivery pipeline
- Identify gaps and delays in flow
- Improve the process of exploring customer needs
- Improve the process of developing, building, and integrating continuously
- Improve the process of continuously deploying to staging and production environments
- Improve the release process
- Execute an action plan for their DevOps transformation
Who should attend?
- All members of an Agile Release Train
- Development Managers, Engineering Managers
- Configuration Managers, Release Managers
- Development Leads, Developers, UI/UX Developers
- Infrastructure Architects, System Architects
- Product Managers, Product Owners
- System Administrators, DBAs, InfoSec
- QA Managers, Testers
- Release Train Engineers, Scrum Masters
All are welcome to attend the course without prior knowledge.
- Date: Monday, September 30 - Tuesday, October 1 2019
- Time: 09:00 - 17:00
- Price: 9900DKK – 11500DKK
- If you register for a class in Denmark be aware that VAT will be added to the price above. EU delegates may recover the VAT depending on their circumstances. However, when you purchase a course in Sweden, VAT will not be added to the ticket price in accordance with EU VAT rules
- Early bird is available until 30 days before a class
- If you want to sign up 3 or more persons at the same time, or if you want to be charged by invoice: email@example.com
INFORMATION ABOUT CERTIFICATIONS
Becoming a SAFe 4 Certified DevOps Practitioner requires an exceptional range of skills and is a career path for many servant leaders. Certification includes:
- SAFe 4 Certified DevOps Practitioner PDF certificate
- SAFe 4 Certified DevOps Practitioner digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform, which includes access to the SP Community of Practice
- Access to Meetup groups and events that connect you with other SAFe Certified Professionals
- A variety of learning resources to support you during your SAFe journey
Certifications expire one year from the date the certification is earned.
- Renewal fee is $100
Bent Jensen is a pioneer in applying agile methods in Denmark and has been leading agile teams since 2000. For the last 10 years Bent has been coaching and mentoring leaders and organizations to achieve the benefits of lean and agile thinking and methods, with clients in Denmark and internationally. He have assisted a large number and companies with transformation programmes, and supported Enterprises in their transformation to an Agile and Lean approach. Bent has always been focused on the intersect between self-organization and management, between efficient development and innovation and how to push the methods to their limits.
“Bent’s knowledge and experience in Lean and Agile is excellent and he is a kind and patient man who seems to be truly passionate about teaching. It is always a pleasure to learn from Bent, both through courses and another contexts. “Kenneth Lund
“The course provides a highly relevant introduction to SAFe, as a tangible and flexible framework for enterprise organizations seeking to use the principles of Lean and Agile to get more value out of IT developments.”Allan Lundgaard Hamilton
Kristian Dupont has been developing software using lean and agile methodologies for more than 15 years. He has been consulting as a developer and a teacher/trainer for large companies but has a special love for startups where agility is a matter of life and death for the company and not just an admirable but perhaps slightly utopian goal. Kristian has solid experience with the technical and practical aspects of DevOps, continuous integration and deployment.
Thank you for being such wonderful hosts – absolutely fantastic environment (+ delicious food) to support the learnings.- Sending my husband to the course asap!Mia Golan
If you are interested in this course, we suggest you to look into these articles as well:
Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) has made its victory around the world. SAFe provides a well-defined set of values, principles and practices which can be adopted enterprise-wide to better address scaling agile in big enterprises. Get your introduction to SAFe with this blogpost.
Last week I visited the SAFe Summit in Washington and delivered my presentation about the RTE role in SAFe. In the presentation I called out what I have observed to be 10 critical skills (actually nine..) that every RTE need to build and master.