Summary of the We Are Movement and BestBrains Academy webinar with SAFe SPCT Carl Starendal and Dr Steve Mayner about Lean-Agile Leadership and the SAFe Leadership Development Program
Implementing SAFe 5.1 w/ SPC5 Certification in collaboration w. Scaled Agile INCLearn to build and execute the implementation rollout strategy of your organisation. This 4-day course will prepare you to lead an enterprise Agile transformation by leveraging the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®). Click to buy seat
You will learn how to effectively apply the principles and practices of SAFe®, including training and coaching teams, launching Agile Release Trains, and building and managing an Agile portfolio.
The first two days of the course— Leading SAFe—will provide you with the basis to teach SAFe to others, and if certified, you’ll be eligible to teach the Leading SAFe course. The next two days focus exclusively on implementing SAFe.
Certification is optional to attendees. Those who achieve SPC certification are authorized to license SAFe training materials.
THE COURSE PREPARES INTERNAL CHANGE AGENTS AND EXTERNAL CONSULTANTS TO
- Lead an enterprise agile transformation
- Implement the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe)
- Train managers and executives in Leading SAFe and act as a SAFe Agilist (SA) certifying agent
- Train teams in SAFe ScrumXP for teams and act as a SAFe Practitioner (SP) certifying agent
- Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Becoming a Lean-Agile Leader
- Establishing Team and Technical Agility
- Building quality in with Continuous Integration
- How to reduce time-to-market with Continuous Deployment
- Delivering Business Value with Release on Demand
- Reaching the SAFe Tipping Point
- Learn Value Stream Identification
- Launching and coaching an ART
- Extending to the Portfolio and sustaining and improving
- Guidance on how to teach the Leading SAFe course as a certified SPC
Who should attend?
This course is intended for those who will be materially and directly involved in a SAFe implementation. This includes practitioners, change agents, and consultants responsible for implementing Agile programs and portfolios as part of an enterprise Lean-Agile change initiative. Attendees typically include:
- Professional Services Consultants
- Internal Change Agents, Lean-Agile Center for Excellence (LACE) participants, Agile Working Groups
- Business and Technology Executives, Leaders, Managers, and Directors
- Portfolio Managers and Fiduciaries, Project/Program Management Office (PMO) personnel
- Development, QA, and IT Managers
- Program and Project Managers
- Product and Product Line Managers
- Process Leads and Lifecycle Governance personnel
- Enterprise, System, and Solution Architects
Any questions about Implementing SAFe? Just ask
During this online course, attendees will learn how to lead a Lean-Agile transformation by leveraging the practices and principles of the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), as well as the five core competencies of the Lean Enterprise. Attendees will also gain insights and practice how to coach programs, launch Agile Release Trains, build a Continuous Delivery Pipeline with DevOps culture, and a Lean Portfolio. The first part of the course—Leading SAFe—will provide them with the basis to teach SAFe to leaders. The second part focuses exclusively on what it takes to successfully implement SAFe in the enterprise.
Becoming a Certified SAFe Program Consultant (SPC), and becoming a change agent, will enable attendees to coach and guide the enterprise to succeed in a disruptive marketplace and empower them to implement a Lean-Agile SAFe transformation.
What Attendees get
- 40 hours of high quality training from several experienced We Are Movement Trainers including SAFe SPCT Carl Starendal
- Membership in the “We Are Movement” slack community
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Digital attendee workbook
- Learn how to use digital collaboration tools: Slack, Miro, Zoom and many more!
- High quality digital course setup with short days and a strong online learning environment
- Certification exam for the SAFe Program Consultant certification (SPC)
- Online support from We Are Movement when studying for the exam.
What is SAFe?
The SAFe Scaled Agile Framework™ is an increasingly popular approach for large-scale, multi-team Agile projects and programs.
SAFe builds upon the use of Scrum and XP by Agile teams with specific Program practices and roles for Agile Architecture, PI Planning and management of the Product Vision, Roadmap and Program Backlog.
If your are new to SAFe - start with our Introduction to SAFe and get up to speed.
- Date: Tuesday, September 7 - Friday, September 10 2021
- Time: 08:30 - 17:30
- Price: DKK22500 – DKK24000
Feel safe when attending one of our on-location SAFe-classes Read about BBA's measures against COVID-19
- If you register for a class be aware that VAT will be added to the price above. EU delegates may recover the VAT depending on their circumstances.
- For potential attendees outside Denmark; Please reach out if you have any questions regarding the additional VAT costs at check out. Email: email@example.com
SAFe® SPC Certification
Attending the class prepares you to take the SAFe Program Consultant (SPC) exam. Those who attain their SPC certification will receive:
- Access to license the course materials needed to train aspiring SAFe Agilists, SAFe Practitioners, and SAFe PM/POs
- Access to no-cost license materials, videos, and artifacts that support launching Agile Release Trains
- Inclusion in the SPC directory listing (optional)
- Access to the private SPC LinkedIn Group
- Attendees who pass the exam will receive:
- An SPC5 certificate
- Access to license the course materials needed to train SAFe Agilists, SAFe Practitioners, and SAFe PM/POs
- One-year certified membership as an SPC5
- SPC4 branding kit with the SPC certification mark
Renewals are good for one full year from the date of certification and will require:
- 160 hours of SPC consulting
- Renewal fee: $895
- 40 continuing education/outreach hour
Rune Christensen is an experienced Lean-Agile coach, SAFe Program Consultant Trainer (SPCT), and Strategic Advisor at Scaled Agile Inc. He has supported several enterprises in their SAFe transformations by working with people and teams at all levels of the organization.
Rune has 20+ years of experience within software and product development working for large International enterprises across a wide variety of industries, countries, and cultures. He brings his diverse background from software development, IT operations, and process methodology to good use when supporting enterprises in their Lean-Agile transformations.
Rune is frequently engaged with the agile community as a SAFe trainer and speaker at events or webinars.
Tomas Eilsø is a consultant and agile coach. He spends most of his time helping large organizations getting the full benefits of agile, using different scaling approaches such as the Scaled Agile Framework. Like Jeff Sutherland got inspired to create Scrum from his experience with high-performance teams as a fighter pilot, Tomas also flew as an F-16 fighter pilot for six years. Tomas has furthermore started several successful technology startups, one of which currently builds the next generation combat flight simulators for the Danish Airforce – of course using agile.
Looking for more than just another Agile class?
Then you’ve found the right place. We want to take Agile training to the next level and believe that effective learning should be just as fun, interactive and inspiring as serious business and hard work. We’ve created a space, which is designed to meet the high expectations from our driven, creative trainers and consultants, and for you to feel comfortable, almost like home.
We are located only 2 minutes walk from Christianshavn Station and 12 minutes from Copenhagen airport (Kastrup) by metro.
Watch this video for more information.
Thank you for being such wonderful hosts – absolutely fantastic environment (+ delicious food) to support the learnings.- Sending my husband to the course asap!
If you are interested in this course, we suggest you to look into these articles as well:
How to use Cumulative Flow Diagrams and Monte Carlo simulations to manage feature flow and forecast delivery. Watch free webinar with Carl Starendal about Probabilistic Forecasting.
Agile kontrakter giver kunde og leverandør et økonomisk incitament til at samarbejde og nå effektivt i mål, og de stiller en række krav til begge parter.