Summary of the We Are Movement and BestBrains Academy webinar with SAFe SPCT Carl Starendal and Dr Steve Mayner about Lean-Agile Leadership and the SAFe Leadership Development Program
Implementing SAFe 5.0 w/ SPC5 Certification - Online /w. Carl Starendal & Emanuel Felix Tunbjer & Fredrik ViljesjöLearn to build and execute the implementation rollout strategy of your organisation. The online course is provided by We Are Movement Click to buy seat
We are are very proud to present this highly acclaimed train-the-trainer SAFe certification course as an online training in the CET timezone!
This course has two parts where you first will learn about the SAFe framework as the trainers will train you in how to teach the Leading SAFe class yourselves. In the second part, you will learn pragmatic patterns for how to apply the “SAFe implementation Roadmap” to get started with SAFe in your organization.
Both Carl and Emanuel are two highly acclaimed Agile trainers that have decades of practical experience from applying Agile and Lean both for single teams and at enterprise scale. This online course also features Fredrik Viljesjö as a supporting trainer.
THE COURSE PREPARES INTERNAL CHANGE AGENTS AND EXTERNAL CONSULTANTS TO
- Lead an enterprise agile transformation
- Implement the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe)
- Train managers and executives in Leading SAFe and act as a SAFe Agilist (SA) certifying agent
- Train teams in SAFe ScrumXP for teams and act as a SAFe Practitioner (SP) certifying agent.
THE We Are Movement ONLINE training experience
When teaching an online course we adapt the learning setup to fully make use of the advantages with learning online as well as mitigating the challenges with it. When you attend the Implementing SAFe course online with us, the course will take a total of 40 hours spread out over eight days
This specific Implementing SAFe course in January 2021 takes place over the following days in the CET timezone:
- Pre-course work: Instructions will be sent over email two weeks before the startup day, this is a few hours of work done offline by the attendee
- January 20th – Startup Day: 08:30-12.00 – Setting up tooling, teamwork and teaching the first lesson in the course
- January 25th – Training Day 1: 08:30-11:30 + 13:00-16:30 – Teaching day 1
- January 26th – Training Day 2: 08:30-11:30 + 13:00-16.30 – Teaching day 2
- January 27th – Training Day 3: 08:30-11:30 + 13:00-16.30 – Teaching day 3
- January 28th – Training Day 4: 08:30-11:30 + 13:00-16.30 – Teaching day 4
- January 29th – Training Day 5: 08:30-11:30 + 13:00-16.30 – Teaching day 5
- February 1st – Ending Day: 08:30-12.00 – Teaching the last lesson in the course and preparing for the SPC exam
- Optional – after-course meetup: Online 1,5 hour lean-coffee with the attendees and the instructors, date is booked during the ending day
- Online Exam: Done by the attendee at home/online within 30 days
Both the prepration activities and the exam are done online before and after the course by the attendee themselves and the date for the follow-up with be booked in collaboration with the attendees during the ending day.
- Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Becoming a Lean-Agile Leader
- Establishing Team and Technical Agility
- Building quality in with Continuous Integration
- How to reduce time-to-market with Continuous Deployment
- Delivering Business Value with Release on Demand
- Reaching the SAFe Tipping Point
- Learn Value Stream Identification
- Launching and coaching an ART
- Extending to the Portfolio and sustaining and improving
- Guidance on how to teach the Leading SAFe course as a certified SPC
Who should attend?
This course is intended for those who will be materially and directly involved in a SAFe implementation. This includes practitioners, change agents, and consultants responsible for implementing Agile programs and portfolios as part of an enterprise Lean-Agile change initiative. Attendees typically include:
- Professional Services Consultants
- Internal Change Agents, Lean-Agile Center for Excellence (LACE) participants, Agile Working Groups
- Business and Technology Executives, Leaders, Managers, and Directors
- Portfolio Managers and Fiduciaries, Project/Program Management Office (PMO) personnel
- Development, QA, and IT Managers
- Program and Project Managers
- Product and Product Line Managers
- Process Leads and Lifecycle Governance personnel
- Enterprise, System, and Solution Architects
Any questions about Implementing SAFe? Just ask
During this online course, attendees will learn how to lead a Lean-Agile transformation by leveraging the practices and principles of the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), as well as the five core competencies of the Lean Enterprise. Attendees will also gain insights and practice how to coach programs, launch Agile Release Trains, build a Continuous Delivery Pipeline with DevOps culture, and a Lean Portfolio. The first part of the course—Leading SAFe—will provide them with the basis to teach SAFe to leaders. The second part focuses exclusively on what it takes to successfully implement SAFe in the enterprise.
Becoming a Certified SAFe Program Consultant (SPC), and becoming a change agent, will enable attendees to coach and guide the enterprise to succeed in a disruptive marketplace and empower them to implement a Lean-Agile SAFe transformation.
What Attendees get
- 40 hours of high quality training from several experienced We Are Movement Trainers including SAFe SPCT Carl Starendal
- Membership in the “We Are Movement” slack community
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Digital attendee workbook
- Learn how to use digital collaboration tools: Slack, Miro, Zoom and many more!
- High quality digital course setup with short days and a strong online learning environment
- Certification exam for the SAFe Program Consultant certification (SPC)
- Online support from We Are Movement when studying for the exam.
What is SAFe?
The SAFe Scaled Agile Framework™ is an increasingly popular approach for large-scale, multi-team Agile projects and programs.
SAFe builds upon the use of Scrum and XP by Agile teams with specific Program practices and roles for Agile Architecture, PI Planning and management of the Product Vision, Roadmap and Program Backlog.
If your are new to SAFe - start with our Introduction to SAFe and get up to speed.
- Date: Monday, January 25, 2021 - Monday, February 1, 2021 2021
- Time: 08:30 - 16:30
- Price: DKK23500 – DKK25700
Feel safe when attending one of our on-location SAFe-classes Read about BBA's measures against COVID-19
- If you register for a class be aware that VAT will be added to the price above. EU delegates may recover the VAT depending on their circumstances.
- For potential attendees outside Denmark; Please reach out if you have any questions regarding the additional VAT costs at check out. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
SAFe® SPC Certification
Attending the class prepares you to take the SAFe Program Consultant (SPC) exam. Those who attain their SPC certification will receive:
- Access to license the course materials needed to train aspiring SAFe Agilists, SAFe Practitioners, and SAFe PM/POs
- Access to no-cost license materials, videos, and artifacts that support launching Agile Release Trains
- Inclusion in the SPC directory listing (optional)
- Access to the private SPC LinkedIn Group
- Attendees who pass the exam will receive:
- An SPC5 certificate
- Access to license the course materials needed to train SAFe Agilists, SAFe Practitioners, and SAFe PM/POs
- One-year certified membership as an SPC5
- SPC4 branding kit with the SPC certification mark
Renewals are good for one full year from the date of certification and will require:
- 160 hours of SPC consulting
- Renewal fee: $895
- 40 continuing education/outreach hour
Carl Starendal is an experienced Lean-Agile leader, having worked directly as an SPCT for Scaled Agile, the creators of the Scaled Agile Framework® as well as having years of hands-on experience as an important part of several multinational Lean-Agile transformations across a diverse range of industries. He frequently speaks about leadership and Lean-Agile transformations and is a highly regarded trainer and facilitator having trained 1000+ leaders and managers over the years. Carl is also one of the key contributors to the SAFe RTE certification course and an official contributor to the SAFe Framework.
The class was by far the most productive training I have ever been to. Literally, everything was directly related to my work and I have so much to bring back to the teams and organization. Fantastic topic, co-students and facilitation. Thank you Carl for a brilliant mix of teaching and coaching.
SPC Instructor – Emanuel Felix Tunbjer
Emanuel Felix Tunbjer is a senior Agile coach and advisor with close to two decades of experience in working with and coaching and training people in Agile values and practices. He has supported and advised numerous large organizations from all kinds of industries and sectors on their Lean and Agile transformation journeys, as an independent consultant. Emanuel started working with Agile at the time of the manifesto. Since then he is passionate about guiding organizations, teams and leaders towards succeeding to create a system where work can happen in a more creative manner, reaching an Agile mindset that stimulates experimentation, innovation and a continuous flow of value. With his experiences in management, strategic planning, product development, IT and organisational development based on Lean & Agile, Emanuel is a highly skilled and appreciated trainer and facilitator.
SPC Instructor – Fredrik Viljesjö
After over 10 years of hands on experience as a developer, coach, and manager, Fredrik Viljesjö is an experienced Enterprise Agile Coach, Advisor, and DevOps Coach. He has been working with many of the multi-national companies in Stockholm on how to learn in and lead their Agile journey. In his work he has picked up what’s needed for the whole chain of practices required for Agile to work. This spans from getting people to collaborate better and Agile scaling frameworks to technical implementation skills like DevOps and software craftsmanship.
Looking for more than just another Agile class?
Then you’ve found the right place. We want to take Agile training to the next level and believe that effective learning should be just as fun, interactive and inspiring as serious business and hard work. We’ve created a space, which is designed to meet the high expectations from our driven, creative trainers and consultants, and for you to feel comfortable, almost like home.
We are located only 2 minutes walk from Christianshavn Station and 12 minutes from Copenhagen airport (Kastrup) by metro.
Watch this video for more information.
Thank you for being such wonderful hosts – absolutely fantastic environment (+ delicious food) to support the learnings.- Sending my husband to the course asap!
If you are interested in this course, we suggest you to look into these articles as well:
How to use Cumulative Flow Diagrams and Monte Carlo simulations to manage feature flow and forecast delivery. Watch free webinar with Carl Starendal about Probabilistic Forecasting.
Agile kontrakter giver kunde og leverandør et økonomisk incitament til at samarbejde og nå effektivt i mål, og de stiller en række krav til begge parter.