This is a summary and analysis of the preview on version 5.0 of the SAFe framework that was launched at the SAFe Summit in San Diego. In this part of the series, we will dive into the new elements of this version that wasn’t described in part 1. Blogpost by Carl Starendal.
The SAFe Scaled Agile Framework™ is an increasingly popular complete approach for large-scale, multi-team Agile projects and programs. It builds upon the use of Scrum and XP by Agile teams with specific Program practices and roles for Agile Architecture, Release Train Planning and management of the Product Vision, Roadmap and Program Backlog. At the overall Portfolio level, SAFe utilises concepts of Lean Thinking and Kanban for the management of Architectural and Business Epics within agreed Investment themes.
- Apply lean, agile and product development flow principles to improve productivity, employee engagement, time to market, and quality.
- Apply the Scaled Agile Framework™ based on lecture, real-world examples, and insights by Scaled Agile experts.
- Understand the skills necessary for an enterprise transformation based on the information and examples presented, and additional recommended readings and resources.
- Gain insights into the leadership skill most effective in unlocking the intrinsic motivation of software development knowledge workers, and begin applying them in your context.
Who will benefit?
The Leading SAFe course is aimed at executives, managers, consultants, coaches and Agile change agents responsible for leading a Lean|Agile change initiative in a large software enterprise.
What will you receive
- Two days of
high qualityinstruction from a Scaled Agile accredited SPC and Leading SAFe trainer.
- Scaled Agile “SAFe Agilist 5.0” certification.
- 1 year’s membership (upon successful completion of the SAFe Agilist exam)
- Community membership including face-to-face and virtual networking and knowledge sharing opportunities, access to industry experts, special offers and invitations to special events
- Date: Monday, January 27, 2020 - Tuesday, January 28, 2020 2020
- Time: 08:30 - 17:00
- Price: 9900DKK – 11500DKK
- If you register for a class be aware that VAT will be added to the price above. EU delegates may recover the VAT depending on their circumstances.
- If you sign up for a course in Sweden, be aware that BestBrains Academy will transfer your registration to our Swedish partner The Movement. The
Movementlwill process your registration and be responsible for any communication with the customer, including invoicing.
- Early bird is available until 30 days before a class
Tomas Eilsø is a consultant and agile coach. He spends most of his time helping large organizations getting the full benefits of agile, using different scaling approaches such as the Scaled Agile Framework. Like Jeff Sutherland got inspired to create Scrum from his experience with high-performance teams as a fighter pilot, Tomas also flew as an F-16 fighter pilot for six years. Tomas has furthermore started several successful technology startups, one of which currently builds the next generation combat flight simulators for the Danish Airforce – of course using agile.
Looking for more than just another Agile class?
Then you’ve found the right place. We want to take Agile training to the next level and believe that effective learning should be just as fun, interactive and inspiring as serious business and hard work. We’ve created a space, which is designed to meet the high expectations from our driven, creative trainers and consultants, and for you to feel comfortable, almost like home.
We are located only 2 minutes walk from Christianshavn Station and 12 minutes from Copenhagen airport (Kastrup) by metro.
Watch this video for more information.
Thank you for being such wonderful hosts – absolutely fantastic environment (+ delicious food) to support the learnings.- Sending my husband to the course asap!
If you are interested in this course, we suggest you to look into these articles as well:
This is a summary and analysis of the preview on version 5.0 of the SAFe framework that was launched at the SAFe Summit in San Diego. Blogpost by Carl Starendal.
In this blog post Bo Vincent Thomsen, who is teaching SAFe for Architects at BestBrains Academy, give his interpretation of the role as an Enterprise Architect in the Scaled Agile Framework®. This read is for you who would like to improve collaboration and alignment in a SAFe® Lean-Agile enterprise.