Summary of the We Are Movement and BestBrains Academy webinar with SAFe SPCT Carl Starendal and Dr Steve Mayner about Lean-Agile Leadership and the SAFe Leadership Development Program
This 2-day course provides a comprehensive overview for understanding the DevOps competencies needed to accelerate time-to-market by improving the flow of value through the Continuous Delivery Pipeline. Attendees will map the current value stream through their delivery pipeline from idea to cash, and identify practices that will eliminate bottlenecks to flow.
The course will build an understanding of the complete flow of value from Continuous Exploration to Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, and Release on Demand. Attendees will explore SAFe’s CALMR (Culture, Automation, Lean, Measure, Recover) approach to DevOps, which helps create a culture of shared responsibility for the full spectrum of Solution delivery. It helps align people, processes, and technology throughout the organization to achieve faster time-to-market.
Attendees will leave with the tools they need to execute an implementation plan for improving their delivery pipeline, and the knowledge they need to support the plan. The course also prepares students for the optional SAFe® 5.0 DevOps Practitioner (SDP) certification exam.
- Introducing DevOps
- Mapping your Continuous Delivery Pipeline
- Gaining alignment with Continuous Exploration
- Building quality with Continuous Integration
- Reducing time-to-market with Continuous Deployment
- Delivering Business Value with Release on Demand
- Taking action
- Understand the CALMR approach to DevOps, why it is so important, and be able to explain it to others
- Understand the importance of continuous integration, continuous testing, and be ready to apply it
- Apply the concepts of continuous security
- Map their current delivery pipeline
- Measure the flow of value through the delivery pipeline
- Identify gaps and delays in flow
- Improve the process of exploring customer needs
- Improve the process of developing, building, and integrating continuously
- Improve the process of continuously deploying to staging and production environments
- Improve the release process
- Execute an action plan for their DevOps transformation
Any questions? Just ask
Who should attend?
- All members of an Agile Release Train
- Development Managers, Engineering Managers
- Configuration Managers, Release Managers
- Development Leads, Developers, UI/UX Developers
- Infrastructure Architects, System Architects
- Product Managers, Product Owners
- System Administrators, DBAs, InfoSec
- QA Managers, Testers
- Release Train Engineers, Scrum Masters
All are welcome to attend the course without prior knowledge.
- Date: Thursday, November 18 - Friday, November 19 2021
- Time: 09:00 - 17:00
- Price: DKK9900 – DKK11500
- If you register for a class be aware that VAT will be added to the price above. EU delegates may recover the VAT depending on their circumstances.
INFORMATION ABOUT CERTIFICATIONS
Becoming a SAFe 5 Certified DevOps Practitioner requires an exceptional range of skills and is a career path for many servant leaders. Certification includes:
- SAFe 5 Certified DevOps Practitioner PDF certificate
- SAFe 5 Certified DevOps Practitioner digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform, which includes access to the SP Community of Practice
- Access to Meetup groups and events that connect you with other SAFe Certified Professionals
- A variety of learning resources to support you during your SAFe journey
Certifications expire one year from the date the certification is earned.
- Renewal fee is $100
Tomas Eilsø is a consultant and agile coach. He spends most of his time helping large organizations getting the full benefits of agile, using different scaling approaches such as the Scaled Agile Framework. Like Jeff Sutherland got inspired to create Scrum from his experience with high-performance teams as a fighter pilot, Tomas also flew as an F-16 fighter pilot for six years. Tomas has furthermore started several successful technology startups, one of which currently builds the next generation combat flight simulators for the Danish Airforce – of course using agile.
Thank you for being such wonderful hosts – absolutely fantastic environment (+ delicious food) to support the learnings.- Sending my husband to the course asap!
If you are interested in this course, we suggest you to look into these articles as well:
How to use Cumulative Flow Diagrams and Monte Carlo simulations to manage feature flow and forecast delivery. Watch free webinar with Carl Starendal about Probabilistic Forecasting.
Agile kontrakter giver kunde og leverandør et økonomisk incitament til at samarbejde og nå effektivt i mål, og de stiller en række krav til begge parter.