Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) has made its victory around the world. SAFe provides a well-defined set of values, principles and practices which can be adopted enterprise-wide to better address scaling agile in big enterprises. Get your introduction to SAFe with this blogpost.
Attendees can improve collaboration and alignment in a SAFe® Lean-Agile enterprise when they become a SAFe 4 Architect. The SAFe® for Architects course prepares System, Solution, and Enterprise Architects to engage across the organization as effective leaders and change agents who collaboratively deliver architectural solutions. During this three-day course, attendees will explore the roles, responsibilities, and mindset of Agile Architects, and appreciate how to align architecture with business value and drive continuous flow to large systems-of-systems while supporting SAFe program execution.
This course is for senior technical contributors who need to understand the role of System, Solution, and Enterprise Architects in Lean-Agile enterprises. The course is also appropriate for individuals desiring a deeper view into how architecture enables continuous value flow and how architects engage in, and contribute to, a Lean-Agile enterprise.
To perform the role of a SAFe® Architect attendees should be able to:
- Architect using SAFe principles
- Align architecture with business value
- Develop and communicate architecture vision and intent
- Plan architectural runway to enable delivery success
- Architect for continuous delivery and Release on Demand
- Lead and coach architects and team members during Program Increment (PI) Planning and execution
- Provide leadership during a Lean-Agile transformation
Those who attend this course should be familiar with Agile principles and practices and must have attended at least one SAFe course prior to attending this one.
Who will benefit?
- System, Solution, and Enterprise architects
- Architects in supporting technical disciplines
- Experienced software developers
- Technical managers making architectural decisions
- Product leaders collaborating with architects
What will you receive
- Attendee workbooks
- Eligibility to take the SAFe® 4 Architect (ARCH) exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
- Date: Monday, October 7 - Wednesday, October 9 2019
- Time: 09:00 - 17:00
- Price: 18500DKK – 20000DKK
- If you register for a class in Denmark be aware that VAT will be added to the price above. EU delegates may recover the VAT depending on their circumstances. However, when you purchase a course in Sweden, VAT will not be added to the ticket price in accordance with EU VAT rules
- Early bird is available until 30 days before a class
- If you want to sign up 3 or more persons at the same time, or if you want to be charged by invoice: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you need to cancel more than 30 days before the course, feel free to find someone to take your place. If you can't find a substitute within this time frame, we’ll refund all but 1500 DKK to cover our administrative costs.
- If you cancel within 30 days before the workshop, we can't provide a refund. However, you may find a substitute.
- No matter when you need to cancel, if you find a substitute, please let us know ASAP who that person is. It's up to you to take care of payment arrangements with that person.
- Registrants who are no shows, are not eligible for a refund and must pay the full course fee.
- BestBrains reserves the right to cancel courses 7 business days prior to the scheduled date; in this case, our liability is limited to a full refund of the session fee.
Bo Thomsen is an experienced IT architect with both deep and broad knowledge of developing and delivering IT solutions.
Bo has experience from many different contexts from public to private sectors and from business analysis, over integration architecture to internal technical solutions.
In spite of his no-nonsense and practical nature, Bo has become convinced of the benefits of Scaled Agile and wants to help people and organisations adopt practices around architecture that will support business and IT alignment and provide value at a sustainable pace.
Bent Jensen is a pioneer in applying agile methods in Denmark and has been leading agile teams since 2000. For the last 10 years Bent has been coaching and mentoring leaders and organizations to achieve the benefits of lean and agile thinking and methods, with clients in Denmark and internationally. He have assisted a large number and companies with transformation programmes, and supported Enterprises in their transformation to an Agile and Lean approach. Bent has always been focused on the intersect between self-organization and management, between efficient development and innovation and how to push the methods to their limits.
“Bent’s knowledge and experience in Lean and Agile is excellent and he is a kind and patient man who seems to be truly passionate about teaching. It is always a pleasure to learn from Bent, both through courses and another contexts. “Kenneth Lund
“The course provides a highly relevant introduction to SAFe, as a tangible and flexible framework for enterprise organizations seeking to use the principles of Lean and Agile to get more value out of IT developments.”Allan Lundgaard Hamilton
Looking for more than just another Agile class?
Then you’ve found the right place. We want to take Agile training to the next level and believe that effective learning should be just as fun, interactive and inspiring as serious business and hard work. We’ve created a space, which is designed to meet the high expectations from our driven, creative trainers and consultants, and for you to feel comfortable, almost like home.
We are located only 2 minutes walk from Christianshavn Station and 12 minutes from Copenhagen airport (Kastrup) by metro.
Watch this video for more information.
Thank you for being such wonderful hosts – absolutely fantastic environment (+ delicious food) to support the learnings.- Sending my husband to the course asap!Mia Golan
If you are interested in this course, we suggest you to look into these articles as well:
Last week I visited the SAFe Summit in Washington and delivered my presentation about the RTE role in SAFe. In the presentation I called out what I have observed to be 10 critical skills (actually nine..) that every RTE need to build and master.
During October we will at Bestrains Academy be hosting the Don Reinertsen two-day masterclass called “Achieving Product Development Flow” in Stockholm and Copenhagen. The workshop covers the ideas contained in his bestselling book, “The Principles of Product Development Flow”.