In February 2001, the Agile Manifesto was published. In this post, we look at where the agile mindset actually changed the world and where we are today.
Build the skills needed to become a high-performing team member on an Agile Release Train (ART)—and learn how to collaborate effectively with other teams—by becoming a SAFe® 5 Practitioner (SP). During this two-day course, attendees gain an in-depth understanding of the qualities of high-performing Agile Teams, the ART and how it delivers value, and what they can do to effectively perform their role using Scrum, Kanban, and XP.
Attendees also learn how to write stories and break down Features, plan and execute Iterations, and experience a PI Planning event. Finally, attendees learn about the Continuous Delivery Pipeline, the importance of a DevOps culture, how to effectively integrate with other teams on the ART, and what it takes to continuously improve.
What you get with our online training:
- Pre-meeting before class to check the technical setup and greet each other
- Tailored preparation to get the full benefit of the training
- Online discussions and feedback on exercises
- Extra content from trainers own experience with SAFe® and Agile
- Q&A session before the exam.
Job role description/target audience
A Certified SAFe® Practitioner (SP) is a Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe) team member responsible for using Scrum, Kanban, and Extreme Programming (XP) in a SAFe environment. Key areas of responsibility include planning Program Increments and Iterations, breaking requirements into stories, developing incrementally with built-in quality, demonstrating value at a team and program level, and problem-solving impediments to driving relentless improvement.
Key areas of competency
- Explain SAFe Agile Principles
- Plan Iterations
- Plan Program Increments
- Execute Iterations and demonstrate the value
- Improve Agile Release Train processes
- Integrate and work with other teams on the Agile Release Train
- Perform as a member of an Agile Team on an Agile Release Train
Exam prerequisite skills
- Familiarity with Scrum, Kanban, and XP
- Familiarity with Agile concepts and principles
- Working knowledge of software or hardware development processes
What you get
Becoming a Certified SAFe® Practitioner requires an exceptional range of skills and is a career path for many servant leaders. Certification includes:
- Certified SAFe® Practitioner PDF certificate
- Certified SAFe® Practitioner digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform, which includes access to the SP Community of Practice
- Access to Meetup groups and events that connect you with other certified SAFe professionals
- A variety of learning resources to support you during your SAFe journey
Seek financing - Finanskompetencepuljen
Selected SAFe classes from BestBrains Academy are now available through Finanskompetencepuljen. If you are working in the Financial sector in Denmark and your employer are part of Finanskompetencepuljen, you may be able to get the expenses covered through Finanskompetencepuljen. See our available classes here: finanskompetencepuljen
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about this initiative
- Date: Monday, March 7, 2022 - Wednesday, March 9, 2022 2022
- Time: 15:00 - 21:00
- Price: DKK9900.00
Feel safe when attending one of our on-location SAFe-classes Read about BBA's measures against COVID-19
- If you register for a class be aware that VAT will be added to the price above. EU delegates may recover the VAT depending on their circumstances.
- For potential attendees outside Denmark; Please reach out if you have any questions regarding the additional VAT costs at check out. Email: email@example.com
Jesper Thaning has been helping organizations adopting Lean and Agile methods for the last 15 years.
The experience covers the whole journey from idea to running code through conceptualization, prioritization, refinement, development, test, continuous integration and deployment. Jesper has trained and coached a large number of teams and organizations on how to apply Lean and Agile principles and methodologies like SAFe® to their specific situation. He has recent years focused a lot on the collaboration between business and IT-development – helping organizations to benefit from Lean and Agile methods through effective product ownership.
´Nice place and Jesper was good at linking things together and making the days interesting. It was a place and training that one wanted to come to.´
‘Jesper is extraordinary skilled, positive and interactive instructor. This first longer training where somebody successfully was holding my attention on the high level with his Way of Working, that was brilliant.’
Looking for more than just another Agile class?
Then you’ve found the right place. We want to take Agile training to the next level and believe that effective learning should be just as fun, interactive and inspiring as serious business and hard work. We’ve created a space, which is designed to meet the high expectations from our driven, creative trainers and consultants, and for you to feel comfortable, almost like home.
We are located only 2 minutes walk from Christianshavn Station and 12 minutes from Copenhagen airport (Kastrup) by metro.
Watch this video for more information.
Thank you for being such wonderful hosts – absolutely fantastic environment (+ delicious food) to support the learnings.- Sending my husband to the course asap!
Summary of the We Are Movement and BestBrains Academy webinar with SAFe SPCT Carl Starendal and Dr Steve Mayner about Lean-Agile Leadership and the SAFe Leadership Development Program
How to use Cumulative Flow Diagrams and Monte Carlo simulations to manage feature flow and forecast delivery. Watch free webinar with Carl Starendal about Probabilistic Forecasting.