This is a summary and analysis of the preview on version 5.0 of the SAFe framework that was launched at the SAFe Summit in San Diego. In this part of the series, we will dive into the new elements of this version that wasn’t described in part 1. Blogpost by Carl Starendal.
- This event has passed.
Implementing SAFe 4.6 w/ SPC4 Certification - Stockholm. Provided by The MovementLearn to build and execute the implementation rollout strategy of your organisation. This 4-day course will prepare you to lead an enterprise Agile transformation by leveraging the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®).
You will learn how to effectively apply the principles and practices of SAFe®, including training and coaching teams, launching Agile Release Trains, and building and managing an Agile portfolio.
The first two days of the course— Leading SAFe—will provide you with the basis to teach SAFe to others, and if certified, you’ll be eligible to teach the Leading SAFe course. The next two days focus exclusively on implementing SAFe.
Certification is optional to attendees. Those who achieve SPC certification are authorized to license SAFe training materials.
THE COURSE PREPARES INTERNAL CHANGE AGENTS AND EXTERNAL CONSULTANTS TO
- Lead an enterprise agile transformation
- Implement the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe)
- Train managers and executives in Leading SAFe and act as a SAFe Agilist (SA) certifying agent
- Train teams in SAFe ScrumXP for teams and act as a SAFe Practitioner (SP) certifying agent
- Apply lean, agile and product development flow principles to improve productivity, employee engagement, time to market, and quality
- Apply the Scaled Agile Framework based on lecture, real-world examples, and insights by Scaled Agile experts
- Understand the skills necessary for an enterprise transformation based on the information and examples presented, and additional recommended readings and resources
- Gain the insights into the leadership skill most effective in unlocking the intrinsic motivation of software development knowledge workers, and begin applying them in your context
- Find the value streams around which to organize the enterprise’s Agile Release Trains
- Prepare the organization and the teams to launch the trains
- Run a Program Increment Planning Meeting
- Interact at key program touch-points to “help keep the train on the tracks”
- Run Inspect and Adapt workshops for continuous program improvement
- Introduce the organization to the principles of program portfolio management and agile architecture
- Grow the leadership skills necessary to support the transformation
Who should attend?
- The course is intended for those who will be materially and directly involved in a SAFe adoption. This includes enterprise leaders, practitioners, change agents, and consultants responsible for implementing Agile programs and portfolios as part of an enterprise Lean-Agile change initiative, RTEs and Solution Train Engineers (STEs)
- Program and project managers
- Scrum Masters
- Leaders and managers
- Agile coaches
- SAFe Program Consultants (SPCs)
- Date: Monday, May 13 - Thursday, May 16 2019
- Time: 08:30 - 17:30
- Price: 19800DKK – 22500DKK
- If you register for a class be aware that VAT will be added to the price above. EU delegates may recover the VAT depending on their circumstances.
- If you sign up for a course in Sweden, be aware that BestBrains Academy will transfer your registration to our Swedish partner The Movement. The
Movementlwill process your registration and be responsible for any communication with the customer, including invoicing.
- Early bird is available until 30 days before a class
SAFe® SPC Certification
Attending the class prepares you to take the SAFe Program Consultant (SPC) exam. Those who attain their SPC certification will receive:
- Access to license the course materials needed to train aspiring SAFe Agilists, SAFe Practitioners, and SAFe PM/POs
- Access to no-cost license materials, videos, and artifacts that support launching Agile Release Trains
- Inclusion in the SPC directory listing (optional)
- Access to the private SPC LinkedIn Group
- Attendees who pass the exam will receive:
- An SPC4 certificate
- Access to license the course materials needed to train SAFe Agilists, SAFe Practitioners, and SAFe PM/POs
- One-year certified membership as an SPC4
- SPC4 branding kit with the SPC certification mark
Renewals are good for one full year from the date of certification and will require:
- 160 hours of SPC consulting
- Renewal fee: $895
- 40 continuing education/outreach hour
Carl Starendal is an experienced Lean-Agile leader, having worked directly as an SPCT for Scaled Agile, the creators of the Scaled Agile Framework® as well as having years of hands-on experience as an important part of several multinational Lean-Agile transformations across a diverse range of industries. He frequently speaks about leadership and Lean-Agile transformations and is a highly regarded trainer and facilitator having trained 1000+ leaders and managers over the years. Carl is also one of the key contributors to the SAFe RTE certification course and an official contributor to the SAFe Framework.
The class was by far the most productive training I have ever been to. Literally, everything was directly related to my work and I have so much to bring back to the teams and organization. Fantastic topic, co-students and facilitation. Thank you Carl for a brilliant mix of teaching and coaching.
Bent Jensen is a pioneer in applying agile methods in Denmark and has been leading agile teams since 2000. For the last 10 years Bent has been coaching and mentoring leaders and organizations to achieve the benefits of lean and agile thinking and methods, with clients in Denmark and internationally. He have assisted a large number and companies with transformation programmes, and supported Enterprises in their transformation to an Agile and Lean approach. Bent has always been focused on the intersect between self-organization and management, between efficient development and innovation and how to push the methods to their limits.
“Bent’s knowledge and experience in Lean and Agile is excellent and he is a kind and patient man who seems to be truly passionate about teaching. It is always a pleasure to learn from Bent, both through courses and another contexts. “
“The course provides a highly relevant introduction to SAFe, as a tangible and flexible framework for enterprise organizations seeking to use the principles of Lean and Agile to get more value out of IT developments.”
Looking for more than just another Agile class?
Then you’ve found the right place. We want to take Agile training to the next level and believe that effective learning should be just as fun, interactive and inspiring as serious business and hard work. We’ve created a space, which is designed to meet the high expectations from our driven, creative trainers and consultants, and for you to feel comfortable, almost like home.
We are located only 2 minutes walk from Christianshavn Station and 12 minutes from Copenhagen airport (Kastrup) by metro.
Watch this video for more information.
Thank you for being such wonderful hosts – absolutely fantastic environment (+ delicious food) to support the learnings.- Sending my husband to the course asap!
If you are interested in this course, we suggest you to look into these articles as well:
This is a summary and analysis of the preview on version 5.0 of the SAFe framework that was launched at the SAFe Summit in San Diego. Blogpost by Carl Starendal.
In this blog post Bo Vincent Thomsen, who is teaching SAFe for Architects at BestBrains Academy, give his interpretation of the role as an Enterprise Architect in the Scaled Agile Framework®. This read is for you who would like to improve collaboration and alignment in a SAFe® Lean-Agile enterprise.