Master Class - Achieving Product Development Flow w/ Don Reinertsen - StockholmLearn how to manage and orchestrate development projects following advanced Lean principles. Click to buy seat
An intensive two-day workshop on practical, economically justifiable approaches for improving flow in product development.
Initial attempts to apply lean methods in product development simply copied behaviours that worked in manufacturing. This doesn’t work — development is a profoundly different domain. Eliminating all variability works in manufacturing; in product development it eliminates all innovation. Achieving Product Development Flow takes a different, science-based, approach. It relies on understanding mechanisms of action and quantifying trade-offs. It uses economics, statistics, queuing theory, and concepts from telecommunication network design.
This workshop covers the ideas contained in Don Reinertsen’s bestselling book, “The Principles of Product Development Flow”. It focuses on proven leverage points and specific practical methods that have helped participants achieve as much as a 90 % reduction in cycle time.
It is fundamentally different from other workshops in its intense focus on quantification, economic justification, and the use of a science-based approach for applying lean.
- Calculate and use “Cost of Delay” as the most important key figure in your development process
- Find, monitor and control bottlenecks in the process
- Shortening lead-time through systematically reducing batch sizes
- Create room for innovation, by allowing variation in the process
- and much much more...
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This program is designed for managers who currently play a role in product development. It will be particularly useful to companies that are reaching the point of diminishing returns using conventional approaches to product development and lean product development. It is preferred that participants have a basic understanding of lean techniques and at least 5 years of experience in product development. Attendees should bring a calculator, since the course will involve some light calculations. The techniques covered are general methods of analysis rather than industry specific rules. Just the way physics applies to both large objects and small ones, the methods used in this course can be applied in a wide variety of industries.
- Date: Thursday, November 14 - Friday, November 15 2019
- Time: 09:00 - 17:00
- Price: 12500DKK – 15000DKK
- If you register for a class be aware that VAT will be added to the price above. EU delegates may recover the VAT depending on their circumstances.
- If you sign up for a course in Sweden, be aware that bestBrains Academy will transfer your registration to our Swedish partner Carl Starendal. Carl Starendal will process your registration and be responsable for any communication with the customer, including invoicing.
- Early bird is available until 30 days before a class
- If you want to sign up 3 or more persons at the same time, or if you want to be charged by invoice: firstname.lastname@example.org
Don Reinertsen has worked with leading product development organizations for over 30 years, and taught executive courses at Caltech for 14 years.
He is the author/co-author of three best-selling books on product development. His latest awarding winning book, 'The Principles of Product Development Flow: Second Generation Lean Product Development', has been praised as, “… quite simply the most advanced product development book you can buy.”
"Very good, but also quite theoretical. Good "Scientific" fundament for lean/agile practices. Good for economically minded people (CFO, CEO, etc.)"
"Go! If you have been doing agile for a while ... it is a good way to put your everyday praxis in perspective."
Looking for more than just another Agile class?
Then you’ve found the right place. We want to take Agile training to the next level and believe that effective learning should be just as fun, interactive and inspiring as serious business and hard work. We’ve created a space, which is designed to meet the high expectations from our driven, creative trainers and consultants, and for you to feel comfortable, almost like home.
We are located only 2 minutes walk from Christianshavn Station and 12 minutes from Copenhagen airport (Kastrup) by metro.
Watch this video for more information.
Thank you for being such wonderful hosts – absolutely fantastic environment (+ delicious food) to support the learnings.- Sending my husband to the course asap!Mia Golan